With this release, immediately available, you will get much more insights into what is happening with your campaigns.
You will also be able to find your contacts faster
We have made some significant changes to the Campaign Dashboard:
- the look and feel of the dashboard have been updated to present a cleaner and more modern UI
- The filters have been modified to exclude the direct messages; as those do not directly to campaign activities, and are misleading in terms of campaign performances
- The user filter has also been modified to include the ability to filter by team
- A new component has been added to the dashboard: messaging leaderboard
- Users can now download a CSV file of the messaging leaderboard, on top of a png of the diagram
- The diagram representing email events over time moved from being shown as a line diagram to a bar diagram.
- This has been done to make the information clearer as the line diagram could lead to some confusion
Team leads (admins/team members) need to see how effectively their team is communicating and who is most effective.
To do this, companies who have access to campaign feature need to be able to see (and export to CSV) based on given parameters (timeframe, team/user, campaign touch) how active and effective their team has been at sending campaigns, and whether this effectiveness is rising compared to previous period,
You can now find your contacts faster, as the Search will start as soon as you enter a few letters. Our search engine will immediately kick-off looking for partial matches on contact names, giving you the results you're looking for faster and more accurately.
Editing a Custom Field in the MP does not always persist even when the UI tells you it has updated the contact
Submitted note continues to show up in text box
Edit time zone in the campaign not refreshed after editing